Futures School was Connecticut’s First Community Based Special Education School Approved by the Department of Education.
We are a are a “unique school” without walls”. For over 20 years we have provided customized one-on-one special education programs and services for students 14-21 in their own home community. Since 1989 we have been working with students with challenging behavioral disorders and other cognitive or developmental disabilities, including complex learning disorders, autism and acquired brain injuries. Futures School is deeply committed to diversity in all we do and stand for. It is at the heart of our work to provide opportunities and empower students with disabilities and those who are disadvantaged to pursue life to its fullest and know the satisfaction of personal accomplishments.
Who is Eligible?
Student receiving special education services who are 14-21 years old and residents of Connecticut. Students referred by their local school district are eligible for Futures School education services.
The Services We Offer:
- Individualized transition programs designed to meet each student’s needs
- 1 on 1 instruction in the student’s home community
- A high School diploma from their home school district and a certificate from Futures School
- Real world opportunities and counseling to build employment skills, independent living skills and community participation skills
- Work experience in real jobs, many leading to employment upon graduation
- Community experiences in each student’s home community
- Help in transitioning to adult service providers, including Futures Adult Services division
The Futures Advantage:
- A full-time school counselor
- Transportation to and from their residence
- Lunch each day
- Extended school-year program including a summer learning program that incorporates field trips and curriculum
- A 95% Graduation Rate since inception
For more information call 860-347-5099 ext 391 or 397 or visit us at www.futuresschool.org