Supports consumers in the implementation of their programs including behavioral plans through direct service, monitoring of performance, and policy protocols; exercising discretion as well as independent judgement in specifically assigned area; and providing the necessary follow up and feedback to assist in achieving outcomes.
- Contributes to the organization’s effectiveness by
- Collecting, updating, interpreting, reporting and distributing data related to all participants and their services
- Ensuring that issues of performance accountability are routed to the appropriate supervisor on a timely basis
- Complies with Federal, State, and Local legal requirements by
- Studying existing and new regulations
- Enforcing adherence to requirements
- Represents the organization by
- Attendance at monthly management meetings
- Participating in individual team meetings as needed
- Assists in the developing programs for the organization by
- Scheduling meetings as needed
- Collecting quarterly progress reports on all cases
- Involving staff, other resource personnel, parents/guardians and Consumers
- Supports the program by
- Performing additional assignments and related duties as required, including direct service and service coordination
- Meets program requirements by
- Providing direct service to consumers
- Implementing Behavior Plan
- Reporting accomplishment of goals and objectives weekly
- Reporting to designated supervisors
- Performing light cleaning, organizing of household materials which may involve lifting of household items
- Transporting the consumer with personal vehicle
- Provides program information by
- Developing communication strategies
- Answering questions and requests
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by
- Attending educational workshops
- Reviewing professional publications
- Estabilishing personal networks
- Participating in professional societies
- Contributes to the team effort by
- Accomplishing related results
- Min. Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required with specialization in psychology, special education, counseling, youth work, or equivalent life experience.
- Two to five years’ experience working with Consumers with developmental disabilities including experience with behaviorally challenged Consumers.
- Good independent assessment, observation, and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills in a variety of settings and situations
- Ability to effectively present oneself, orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise discretion and work independently with general supervision.